My Most Popular Posts
Other popular posts:
I interviewed Scooter from the Sleep with Me podcast – a podcast for insomniacs – and invited him to get vulnerable with me about his process, work, and background. I chose an introvert-friendly format for the podcast – voice messages back and forth. The next episode will have a slight shift to one question per voice message, to make it all flow easier.
And yes, I’m aware that the intro is super extra. I’m Indian, I can’t help it.
(Don’t read until you’re sure you’re ready to feel a little uncomfortable about the lies you tell yourself – and me…!)
What makes a truly excellent portrait or headshot?
I decided to create this (mega) post for a few different people (so if this is you, keep reading):
- – You want to know the difference between luxury and regular photography (apart from the hype).
- – You’re a business owner or brand who wants authentic headshots/portraits, but you aren’t sure how to accomplish this.
- – You’re looking for a photographer, but want to educate yourself on what to look for before you invest.
- – You want to hire the best portrait / headshot photographer in Nairobi (or elsewhere) – but aren’t sure what to look for.
- – You’re an artist who likes my work (and you want to know my process).
- – You’re new at photography, and would like to learn what makes an excellent photo.
Where do I start?
Do I tell you about the fact that I always had apparent ball-o-phobia during sports (get your mind out of the gutter), and couldn’t walk up a flight of stairs without wanting to pass out? Or do I mention my mini-strokes and the many hospitals I knew well because of my constant illness? Or, shall I start with the fact that I have always felt like I was just never quite good/beautiful enough?
I had always been weak. Weak of mind, weak of body. That changed in 2013, when I made the decision to get better. Sure, I still have off-days. Sure, there are things that may not be able to improve, physiologically. But I set the intention to start living and stop surviving – and then decided to document it.
We can leave the details for another time. Instead, have a look at the photo series I started to help me fall in love with myself. I only offer the services I do because I have lived through the incredible transformation that photography can create.
Enjoy 🙂 read more…
Join me on Instagram: